03 February 2006

I can't wait......

So production has begun on Grind (changed from Grindhouse....I like the latter better especially since the former is a skateboarding movie) and I Can Not wait for this film, or shall I say films. Grind consists of two 60 minute films, one called Planet Terror (being Directed by Robert Rodriguez), and the other called Death Proof (by Quentin Tarantino). Both films will be released together, with an intermission between the two, and during the fake intermission there will be fake trailers and ads. The films are a 70's exploitation-style project, and both are going to be full of gore. Planet Terror is going to be a zombie movie, while Death Proof is set to be a slasher film.

Some critics have already started to trash the film, calling it a vanity project, and blaming it for the delays on Sin City 2, and Inglorious Bastards. But this project is going to be different, and I think it will be interesting to see how it all plays out on the screen, especially with these two directors doing it. It's not that I can wait for Sin City 2, or Inglorious Bastards, its just that I want Grind a tad more, plus it will give Frank Miller more time to make an awesome script, and work on that new material.

I think Chris Hewitt on empireonline.com said it best, "the geeks will love it (and since I’m a geek, I should too)." I concur.....especially since I am a geek when it comes to things like this.
For more information visit: Grind at Empire Online or

No comments: