18 February 2009

NY Comic-Con 2009

A few weekends ago I went to NY for Comic-con. I have been so busy with work that I just didn't have the time for this huge post. But I figured I better make some time for this.

The convention was amazing. There was a lot of great programming and a lot of big names in attendance. There was so much to do at the convention and there was not enough time to do it all. Before I realized it, the convention was over and the 3 days had gone by so fast. I didn't even have time to attend a panel til Sunday. I was able to attend the Chuck panel, and they showed some exclusive clips from the second half of the season. I also went to the panel for the Wanted video game. The game looks awesome, has some really cool features and ties into both the film and the book. There was a little mention of the film sequel, only confirming that there is a sequel and no details about the cast or the storyline of the film.

A highlight of the convention for me was meeting Brian M. Bendis. It was great meeting him, because I really did enjoy reading Secret Invasion. I also met John Noble from Fringe and he was really nice. Fringe is easily one of the favorite new shows, and Dr. Walter Bishop is the best part of the show, so it was really great meeting him. I was also interviewed for the Fringe Podcast so that was pretty cool as well.

Lastly at the end of the day on Sunday, while walking down Artist Alley, I bumped into Tahmoh Penikett from Battlestar Galactica. It was amazing because I was unable to attend the Dollhouse Panel, and I didn't want to go the convention center at 3 in the morning for tickets to the signing, so it amazing that I just bumped into him. He was so nice, and he even took a picture with me. Being a big fan of BSG I was ecstatic.

So onto the pictures. I posted a bunch of other pictures on my Flickr site, so feel free to look at them there or on facebook. I may post more of the them here if I have the time.







No comments: